Integrative Medicine: Acupuncture, Chiropractic Care, and Holistic Therapies
Traditional Chinese Medicine views disease as an imbalance, or loss of homeostasis, within the living body.
- offers primary treatment alternatives to conditions such as hip dysplasia, knee injuries, and spinal disc problems.
- is used as a complimentary modality to traditional western medicine & surgery, or in conjunction with spinal manipulative treatments.
- can be helpful for patients that don't tolerate medications, or when conventional therapies fail.
Chiropractic Care is a non-invasive healing method that locates and functionally restores areas along the spine or nerve tracts that have fallen out of balanced communication.
- utilizes sites on the body that in many instances correlate with specific acupuncture points.
- restores disrupted neurohormonal networks and the body systems they regulate. This helps treat many conditions such as musculoskeletal, dermal, digestive system, circulatory, and urogenital problems.
- may be augmented by Myofascial Release Therapy (MFR); by relaxing muscle tension & spasm, and eliminating painful trigger points, there is an increase in the patient's sense of well-being that can hasten healing.
- as with therapeutic massage, most patients enjoy Chiropractic Manipulation and Myofascial Release therapy!!!
Holistic Therapies and Chinese Herbal Therapiesare augmented treatments utilizing beneficial nutraceuticals or herbs. They are available with veterinary consultation.
- whole food supplements provide basic building blocks for cellular repair and function. Standard Process Veterinary Formulas brand are high quality, convenient whole food products for dogs and cats, and these are available at Southlane!
- dietary changes may be suggested as an integral part of your pet's health care strategy. We carry a full line of holistic brand pet foods.